The thing is, there is too much out there these days with "detox", "cleanse", juice this, smoothie that, fasting, etc... and you know the skeptical in me doesn't like fads!
However, a "DETOX" CHANGED MY LIFE. A year ago I had to do my first detox for nutrition school in a class called "Digestion and Detoxification". I had already been in nutrition school for 3 years and thought "I don't need this?!". Boy was I wrong.
Here is what I got out of that detox:
1. Energy from WITHIN. Not from coffee, sugar, or any outside stimulus. I learned what my body is supposed to feel like and it is amazing!
2. Energy ALL DAY LONG. Not just in the morning followed by an afternoon crash, but even energy throughout the day. Actually the afternoon crash disappeared!! (And hasn't come back!) :)
3. FOCUS and CLARITY of Mind. My mind was so clear, there was no fogginess. I knew exactly what to do and had the energy to do it! My mood improved as well as my sleep.
4. Food SENSITIVITIES. I learned I am sensitive to caffeine, gluten, and sugar. But this is where bio-individuality comes to play. You learn what foods are good for you and which are not. One person's medicine can be another person's poison.
5. New HEALTHY HABITS. I learned and implemented healthy habits that I STILL do, some of them DAILY! Starting my day with warm lemon water, tongue scraping, dry brushing, green juices, building my meals around vegetables, epson salt baths, etc...
The thing is, I learned that detoxification is a very scientific treatment, and this type of "therapy" has been used for thousands of years in the east to treat many illnesses, as they believe (as I do) that "all disease starts in the gut". To heal any disease or condition, you have to start by healing the gut- where 60% of your immunity is. And a detox is an EXCELLENT way to do JUST THAT!
In today's world, our guts (and livers) are overworked, and damaged to a certain point, with so many toxins coming from processed foods, chemicals, antibiotic overload, poor air and water quality, etc...
Most disease happen over a long period of time. And some mild symptoms like cravings, fatigue, poor sleep, skin conditions, bloating, constipation, etc.. can lead to more serious conditions. A detox will not only help heal and clear some of these symptoms, but give you a great jumpstart to clean eating and a healthier lifestyle!
So? Ready to get rid off those "symptoms" before disease manifest??
SIGN UP for the FALL DETOX here. We are less than 2 weeks away from START DATE!